To lease a car with our company, you MUST have the minimum California 15/30/5 liability insurance (or higher if desired). In addition, you will need EITHER our damage waiver OR Full Coverage (Comprehensive/Collision).


In the state of California, and for Worry Free Auto Leasing, you must have Comprehensive, Collision, and Liability insurance in order to drive a vehicle. It is your responsibility to obtain insurance and show proof of insurance BEFORE we will hand you the keys to a vehicle. 

What is Liability Insurance?

Liability Insurance is required by California state law and we require the California minimum of 15/30/5, but you may want to increase the limits of liability to meet your personal needs. Liability Insurance covers the other driver or person and their property.

Your liability policy must include coverage for uninsured motorists, which covers your vehicle if hit by a person driving without insurance coverage.  It must also include Roadside assistance, which is a service that assists motorists in the event of some of the following occurrences:  jump a dead battery, changing a flat tire, providing fuel if you run out of gas, opening a door if keys are locked in the car, towing a car with mechanical issues, etc.

What is Collision Insurance?

Collision insurance covers damage incurred in an accident for the car.

What is Comprehensive Insurance?

Comprehensive insurance covers damage to the vehicle such as theft, vandalism, fire, a tree falling on the vehicle, and other damages that may happen to the vehicle other than a collision.

in the event of an accident, you will need to make sure that the car you are leasing has this insurance.   You can either add Comprehensive/Collision Insurance to your liability policy OR purchase the Damage Waiver offered by Worry Free Auto Leasing.

What is the Damage Waiver and what does it cover?

A Damage Waiver is available to purchase from Worry Free Auto Leasing and takes the place of the Comprehensive/Collision insurance offered by insurance companies. We offer the Damage Waiver because Comprehensive/Collision Insurance (offered by insurance companies) is usually very expensive and it is our hope to save you money.

The Damage Waiver is $375.00 and covers your leased vehicle for the entire school year (and up to a total time of one year/12 months).  In the event of an accident or other damage, you will pay the first $500.00 even if the vehicle is a total loss.  The waiver covers all costs that are above the $500 deductible.

What is the Deductible?

The deductible is the amount you will have to pay if you are at fault in an accident or if there is damage to your vehicle by some other means. If this were to happen, you would be responsible to pay the first $500 worth of damage as stated in the lease agreement.

Insurance Company Options

We have worked with local insurance companies to help you obtain the best insurance option for your lease. There are a limited amount of companies who will write policies for international drivers.  Because there are many options, you may want to discuss the liability limits that best meet your needs.  You may also contact them to receive an “estimate” on how much your insurance may cost, however, it is dependent upon the age of the driver, the number of drivers and the type of vehicle, so make sure you have all of this information when you call. You can have your insurance in place and effective as early as the date you arrive in Redding.

Once you have picked a vehicle and signed a lease, we encourage you to get insurance as soon as possible. The insurance agents listed below are very knowledgable and desire to help you meet your vehicle’s needs.  Please call to get estimated quotes from one or all of the following insurance agents:

**ALL insurance MUST include roadside assistance which includes: Towing, if you're locked out, if you run out of gas and helping jump start dead batteries**

Edward Mehrer Jr. at OR 530-223-9911

Jeanette Anderson at OR 530-722-1654

Chiew Saechao at OR 530-338-2770

Not sure which car? Get in touch and we can help!